Office / Department Name : Assistant Director Office, Town and Country Planning Department. Sirsi.,
Describe briefly about the Office / Department : In Uttara Kannada district, Town and Rural Planning Department has two branch offices at Karawar and Sirsi, and for Sirsi sub-division, the office of the Assistant Director of Town and Country Planning came into existence in Dandeli town in 1981 to handle the departmental work. Then as per Government Order No:Na.A.E 52 Na.Yo.Se. 2006 shifted from Dandeli to Sirsi on Date:-22-06-2006. Town And Country Planning Assistant Directors Office, Conduct Departmental Works, Main Objectives Of The Department Is To Regulate The Growth Of Cities, Town And Rural Areas In The State In A Planned Manner By Providing Civil And Social Amenities For The People Of The State And Thus Controlling The Land Speculation And Profiting.To Achieve This, Survey Works Of Towns And Cities Will Be Made For Preparing Base Maps, Present Land Use Maps, Master Plan In Which The Basic Amenities Required For Anticipated For One Or Two Decades Necessary Assistance And Guidance In Enforcement Of Karnataka Town & Country Planning Act, 1961. In The State Of The Urban Development Authorities Planning Authorities And Such Other Agencies By The Department.The Followings Talukas comes under the jurisdiction ofAssistant Director ಒ Town and Country PlanningOffice, Sirsi., They are,
- Sirsi (Excluding SirsiPlanning Authority jurisdiction)
Activities of the Office / Department :
- Preparation of Master plans for Local Planning area formed under KTCP Act 1961.
- Furnishing technical opinion to Revenue Department regarding conversion of agricultural Land to Non-agricultural use.
- Technical approval of layout plans of private Lands,
- Technical approval of layout plans of government and Semi-government Projects.
- Technical support to Urban Local Bodies in the preparation; enforcement and implementation of Master plans and development schemes.
- Preparation of Rehabilitation scheme plans.
Service available for public : Does not provide any direct service to the public. But Layout approval & Building permission files received from local bodies will be reviewed and technical approval will be given. And technical opinion will be given to the revenue department related to land conversion.
Office Name and postal address: Assistant Director Office, Town and Country Planning Department. Set Building, Behind Rotary Hospital, Sirsi-581 401
Contact Number : 08384-229171
e- mail address : adtpsirsi[at]karnataka[dot]gov[dot]in
Achievement of the Office : Master plan as per KTCP Act. 1961 has been prepared for DandeliLocal Planning Area. & master plan preparation For Haliyal&Siddapura Local Planning Areas are Under Process.